Waterfall at Lake Burton Info
Overlooking the 2,775-acre Lake Burton, Waterfall at Lake Burton is a gated golf community offering luxury homes in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Club membership to the Waterfall Club, located ‘inside the gates’ of Waterfall at Lake Burton, provides access to championship golf, the Mountain Lodge clubhouse, and Athletic Center. Named as one of the five "Best of the Best" private golf courses in Georgia by Georgia Golf News, Waterfall Club's mountain golf course features 18 holes designed by Scott Pool. On the signature second hole, golfers tee off at the top of a 215-foot cascading waterfall. The 52,000-square-foot Athletic Center includes a fitness center, heated Jr Olympic swimming pool, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and indoor sports courts for tennis, pickle ball, and basketball. The outdoor tennis court has the world’s best views from a tennis court!
An on-site concierge organizes activities and a full social calendar of events. The Waterfall Club also has a dock on the lake where club members may enjoy fishing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding and picnicking. Pontoon boats are available for half or full day rental. Because Waterfall at Lake Burton is centrally located in the northeast Georgia mountain-lakes region, Atlanta, Asheville or Greenville can be reached by car in less than an hour and 50 minutes. Franklin, NC with its Smoky Mountain Music Hall is only a 45 minute drive and Athens, Ga with the Classic Center is only a 90 minute drive. Both venues offer consistently outstanding programs of concerts, entertainers and Broadway shows.
A recent comment from a resident: "Originally from Texas, my wife and I were looking for the ideal location to retire. This is never an easy choice for most retires as there are so many issues to consider. As the parents of five children and four grandchildren, we knew we could not live close to all of them, so we needed a place they would want to visit. To state it simply, our children and grandchildren love to visit Waterfall. Our view of Lake Burton, Waterfall golf course and the Blue Ridge Mountains are just stunning. A full four seasons is a new experience for us to enjoy. Summers with moderate temperatures find us outdoors exploring the many beauties that are accessible here and around Lake Burton. If you like to play golf, fish, drive beautiful roads, visit quaint towns and hillside vineyards or just throw yourself in the lake, Waterfall might just be for you."
- Acreage - 450 acres (182 hectares)
- Gatehouse - Manned gatehouse
- Club Structure - Non-Equity
- Aircraft Runway Nearby - Heaven's Landing offers fly in privileges for Waterfall Club members
- Clubhouse - The Mountain Lodge clubhouse sits on top of Waterfall Mountain, with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Lake Burton; fine and casual indoor dining, meeting rooms, bar lounge, outdoor dining on the Stiles Porch or at The Overlook, 20 seat theater, bocce ball court and game room.
- Business Center, Fitness, Golf Shop and Activities - 52,000-square-foot Athletic Center with golf shop, Jr. Olympic heated swimming pool, whirlpool, hot tub, steam room & sauna, indoor and outdoor tennis, basketball, pickle ball and fitness center
- Spa Services - Schedule a relaxing massage or facial in the Waterfall Spa. Services by appointment.
- Golf - 18-hole championship course designed by Scott Pool; Certified PGA professional provides instruction. Fully equipped golf shop. Rental clubs available.
- Lake – Waterfall Club dock on Lake Burton with boat rentals and kayak and paddleboards for the use of members.
- Recreation - Active social calendar, clubs, and concierge to organize events
- Tennis - Indoor tennis inside the Athletic Center; outdoor tennis court and summer tennis clinics
- Healthcare - Mountain Lakes Medical Center is 15 minutes away and offers 24-hour emergency room services. The hospital has agreements, including ambulance and helicopter services, with Gainesville, Atlanta and other area hospitals.
- Shopping & Dining – Four dining venues from which to choose at the Waterfall Club including the Farmhouse at Waterfall which is open to non-members by reservation. Downtown Clayton has an old-fashioned Main Street with specialty shops, art galleries, antiques, vineyards, and restaurants. Rabun County has been recognized as Georgia's number one 'Farm to Table' dining location.
- Area Attractions - Lake Burton has two marinas with boat rentals and both wet slip and dry storage. While the lake offers trophy fishing experiences, trout fishing streams can be reached within a 10-minute drive. The Chattahoochee National Forest has hiking trails, access to the Appalachian Trail is a 10 minute drive and there is whitewater rafting on the Chattooga River.
- Lots For Sale - Various sizes, locations and views. Priced from $24,900 to $350,000
- Condos For Sale - Offered from high $800s to $1.2 million
- Homes For Sale - Offered from $500s to $1.8 million